cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis, OneRepublic, Brian Wilson and other gig tickets this week!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Priority tickets header image

Hi guys, how is your week going so far? slight_smile

As we normally do each week, I've gone through the Priority tickets page today to see what exciting gigs I can find there. I'd love to hear if you know any of the artists and events I mention below or if you're a fan?

Additionally, you can of course find everything else that's currently listed on the Priority tickets page here. Smiley Happy

Interesting gig tickets this week

• Brian Wilson will bring his Good Vibrations gig to Cardiff in June! Priority tickets are on pre-sale until Friday morning.
  • English rock band The Hunna will have multiple gigs in May in several UK locations, and you can get Priority tickets on pre-sale until Friday morning.
  • Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds is coming to the UK very soon, and tickets for March-April 2020 shows are on pre-sale until Friday morning as well! (FYI Liam Neeson will be there as a 3D hologram)
  • Rufus Wainwright has a gig coming up in Llandudno in June, and Priority tickets are on pre-sale until Friday!
  • Catch Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters in London this July! Pre-sale ends Fri 9am!

Artist highlights of the week

Genesis

Genesis: The Last Domino? Tour

Do we have any Genesis fans in the community? slight_smile This iconic English rock band formed in Surrey in 1967, have been super successful over the years, and now they are reuniting for their first tour in 13 years! There's an article on BBC News here if you want to read a bit more about it. 

You can get Priority tickets on pre-sale until Friday morning this week for multiple dates (Nov-Dec 2020) in multiple UK locations, including: Liverpool, Newcastle upon Tyne, London, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.

Check out a couple of their songs below:

More info

OneRepublic

OneRepublic

What about OneRepublic, any fans on here? This American rock band, formed in 2002 in Colorado Springs, have an October gig coming up in Manchester this year and Priority tickets are currently on pre-sale until Friday this week. 

Check out an older and a newer song below that I personally like by OneRepublic and let me know what you think about their music. slight_smile

More info

Are you a fan of any of the artists/bands mentioned above? Did you spot any gigs that I missed from the list that you really like?

Let me know in the comments! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Although I won`t be able to go to any of the gigs [health reasons], I was/am a fan of The Beach Boys [Brian Wilson`s band] and saw them live in Birmingham in the late 60s.

I was a Genesis fan when Peter Gabriel was leader singer and queued up all night outside Hippodrome, Birmingham for front row seats for The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour - going way back.

In my opinion, Genesis were no longer Genesis when Peter left and Phil Collins took over as vocalist - no longer the brilliant costumes, stories, and antics on stage; no mind-stretching lyrics to their albums...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of those listed above I would love to see Jeff Wayne's musical version of the War of the Worlds.

I was never a fan of Genesis, though did love the Beach Boys.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Marjo
I can't go but enjoy the music of Geneis

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't go either but, also enjoy the music of Genesis @JAZZ-trad @Marjo 

Message 5 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff I was a fan of the Beach Boys as a teenager. grin

@JAZZ-trad @Anonymous Genesis, surprisingly, I wasn't super familiar with although I had heard that Phil Collins was a part of it. Didn't realise he had replaced someone though @Mi-Amigo ! I do like his voice although can't compare the stage performance as I haven't seen Peter Gabriel perform (I think).

I read that Phil Collins' 18 year-old son will take over the drums from his father during the reunion gigs.

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Genesis were brilliant when they were lead by Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins was on drums. When Peter left, I felt Genesis became bland/boring. @Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

If you guys have in mind any great Gabriel/Collins video examples from any Genesis material, feel free to point me to it @Cleoriff , @Mi-Amigo . slight_smile I'd love to take a look when I get a moment! Always up for some music history learning. grin

Message 8 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo 

Peter Gabriel at his best with a "live" performance of the iconic Genesis track "Supper`s Ready"

The best track the band ever recorded in my opinion...

Enjoy...

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Genesis were brilliant when they were lead by Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins was on drums. When Peter left, I felt Genesis became bland/boring. @Marjo 

Well said @Cleoriff 

My thought exactly. As I said, I queued up for 36 hours for a front row ticket to see Genesis with Peter Gabriel on their Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour.

After Peter left, I wouldn`t have gone to a Genesis gig if you`d paid me...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 13