Elton John's Farewell Tour

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Elton John Farewell tour

Hi everyone, I hope you had a lovely weekend! smiling

Elton John has recently announced his final tour, which will take him across 5 different continents for over 300 shows!

The massive tour starts in the US this year, and will end in 2021; he will also be performing in the UK, and the pre-sale Priority tickets are available until this week Friday 16 November for shows at the O2 in London on Friday 6 November and Saturday 7 November, 2020.

This tour will celebrate and conclude his touring around the world and his amazing 50-year career of hits! On his website the shows are described as a new stage production that will take you on a musical and highly visual journey like no one has ever seen before.

Do we have any Elton John fans in the community? Have you seen him live previously and are you interested in the upcoming tour? slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I like Elton John.  He has written and performed some beautiful songs, though I have never seen him live.

He is a real character. I think this is the second time he has retired?

Obviously with the amount of dates showing above, I really think this will be the last one.

I'm sure he said he wanted to see his two boys grow up.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some great songs, but he hates Madonna.. so I’m not a fan of his!
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Some great songs, but he hates Madonna.. so I’m not a fan of his!

One reason to like him in my opinion @Anonymous joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Ah, now I like them both @Cleoriff and @Anonymous. Have loads of Elton songs on my phone, hits as well album tracks. And quite a few Madonna tracks as well, though I can't say I like the woman herself much. Sorry @Anonymous.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff Yeah I saw a quote from him on his official page saying he's going to concentrate on his children and wants that to be the new chapter of his life. slight_smile

@Anonymous I saw Madonna live once, years ago in Helsinki, Finland. I loved her albums! I was so far away though that she was just a tiny dot on the stage from where I was watching smile but that didn't diminish the great atmosphere and fun that we had in the concert.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I have a couple of vinyl LPs and a couple of CDs and he was brilliant way back when. Still puts on a great show but as a person? nah, no respect at all for him since he started playing the big I Am and throwing hissy fits. Farewell Elton, brilliant writer and performer but if I hear nothing else about you I will be happy.

Message 7 of 7