cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cafe Nero out of stock at 1pm on Monday?

PawelG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having used it almost on a weekly basis for a long time, it was a surprise when I turned up at the Café Nero near Southwark Cathedral yesterday at my lunch break jist to find out the reward doesn't work as it's out of stock. Even the friendly staff there couldn't understand why as they just served someone before me and they used their voucher. It's hard to believe in such improbable unlucky timing and my feeling is there is something wrong with the app?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@PawelG 

It is down to the number of people redeeming the offer, and at lunch time the growth of requests is expotential, so it could run out. 

Also note that Cafe Nero only give o2 x amount of codes to use, and once they are gone they are gone, you can be one second late and thats how the cookie crumbles. 

And knowing how rubbish Cafe Nero is for coffee, I think you had a luck escape tongue 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@PawelG 

It is down to the number of people redeeming the offer, and at lunch time the growth of requests is expotential, so it could run out. 

Also note that Cafe Nero only give o2 x amount of codes to use, and once they are gone they are gone, you can be one second late and thats how the cookie crumbles. 

And knowing how rubbish Cafe Nero is for coffee, I think you had a luck escape tongue 

Message 2 of 14

PawelG
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I actually like cafe Nero and I know the number of vouchers is limited but like o said, having used the voucher for a long time, almost on a weekly basis and sometimes on Wednesdays or Thursdays, it's really hard to believe that suddenly most of the people changed their habit and started running for coffee on Monday mornings or that O2 tripled or quadrupled their customer base in less than two weeks. 😂

Message 3 of 14

Myabupe
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know I used to have no problem up to at least Wednesday evening but now by Monday it says out of stock  I think it's really poor service of o2 to offer it whilst massively reducing the amount available, which must be what has happened...

Message 4 of 14

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Myabupe 

o2 only offer what Cafe Nero provide, so it will be Cafe Nero who have reduced the number available to o2 customers. 

So if its a big issue take it up with Cafe Nero, or tell other o2 customers to stop buying overpriced burnt coffee tongue 

Message 5 of 14

Chewfoongtong
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My offer has changed from weekly to once a month? Any idea why that is? 

Message 6 of 14

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Ask Cafe Nero, as they will have changed there participation in the Offer, to once a month

Message 7 of 14

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

To address the two separate points made above:

1. Codes selling out: This is a very popular offer and with limited codes and nicer weather, this is likely to happen from time-to-time we're afraid.
  2. Once a monthOur offers do change regularly; we like to mix it up and keep things fresh. If you'd like your caffeine fix a little more often though, you can grab your weekly hot drink pick-me-up at your local Greggs, any day of the week from 7am.

Our apologies for any disappointment caused by offers selling out, or changing from what you're used to. Please keep checking the Priority app regularly for new offers, discounts and exclusive experiences.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 14

ZeroNero
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really annoying change in policy. I have saved two vouchers on my phone but when it came to use them they had been removed. Yet when I complained to Nero they said that saving the vouchers would not result in them being removed. So where do I go from here?  With the cost of living being what it is, my weekly treat has not only been rationed to once a month but I can't get it then either. If 02 are offering this to consumers as part of their contractual terms they should send us vouchers in leiu of saved vouchers being lost.

Surely the better option would be to re-offer it once a week like before, but stipulate that you must buy food with it - a biscuit or cake etc. I always did buy a cake with my free coffee so I was doing Nero business. Now they are getting no business. So how is that helping? Both of us are losing out.

Message 9 of 14

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@ZeroNero 

The Cafe Nero offer forms no part of your contract terms, and they do and can change.... 

The better option is to remove it completely, and offer a fairer offer that is available in the whole UK, not just in certain parts, aka mostly London..

Message 10 of 14