Did you mean: 

4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

This Wednesday 12 September on Priority, you will get the opportunity to grab some tickets for the London performance of 4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince on December 13th this year, at the Royal Albert Hall cool 

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.45.48.png

This show is celebrating the music of Prince, through both a live band and a symphonic orchestra, along with some extra material (photo and video) from The Prince Estate. To remind us all of what this show celebrates, here's a clip of Prince singing live one of his most iconic songs:

What is your favourite Prince's song? Are you interested in this Symphonic celebration of his music? Let us know in the comments slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

My favourite Prince song is the one you have featured @EmilieT

He had an incredible talent. Played multiple instruments, and wrote great songs for himself and others.

A tragic loss when he died.

The concert sounds a fitting tribute for him. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Many artists have covered Purple Rain, some good, some not so good.

Brilliant iconic song but difficult to do it justice.

Yes a fitting tribute to a truly gifted man.

Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie & @Cleoriff I saw a couple of Symphonic orchestras playing a range of different things last year (classical music, video games/movie soundtracks, or supporting artists), and I agree with you both that this is a fitting grandiose tribute for such a talented artist.

Apart from Purple Rain, do any other songs jump to your mind that you particularly liked? You know I'm curious slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Quite a few @EmilieT

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Little Red Corvette

Nothing compares to U

Darling Nikki

Hot Thing

And many many more.

To be honest it wasn't just his music, it was the whole production when he did a show. He was the first person I ever saw who hired female guitarists who were superb, including Sheila E and Wendy Melvoin. He had many females in his band

He was a great showman. Second only to the incomparable Freddie Mercury.

Image result for Images of Prince with his female guitarists

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I loved his 90s stuff with the NPG!

Diamonds & Pearls was the 1st Prince album I bought!

Cream & Gett Off are still favourites on my playlist

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff and @Anonymous for helping me out with today's playlist, I now know what to listen to later  music Happy Dance

signature

Message 7 of 7