Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling%20has%20stopped%20working

muddypath
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i was sent a new sim card for my iphone6 on friday 9th july (because my previous one was deemed 'old'). the wifi calling facility no longer works, although it 'is activated'. this is now over 48 hours since the new sim was activated altogether. the phone works-makes and receives calls wherever there is an o2 signal - unfortunately i do not have a signal in my home. my whatsapp does however work in my home, so the wifi connection must be ok???... please can you help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@muddypath 

You'll need to call customer service to check your account setup is OK.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @muddypath did you try to sort this out with calling customer services?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

muddypath
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i had already called customer services on two occasions and they had sorted it out / escalated it / assured me that a technical 'guru' would call me on monday or email me to arrange a time to call. this has not happened. unfortunately family problems have cropped up and prevented me from following through on this. it all takes an emotional toil talking to customer services..

Message 4 of 5

muddypath
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

did i answer you already? if not - thanks for this - will try contacting them again when i have a time opportunity and feel sufficiently resilient.

Message 5 of 5