Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited sim vs hotspot dongle contract

LOL77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The other week -  clacton O2 shop staff told me that i couldn't change my monthly contract from 36GB to 50GB without buying a new 'hotspot' dongle which locks me into a 24 month contract.

i had asked them if it were possible to just change the sim or the O2 system settings, in order to get 50GB and was told that it wasn't possible.

Today, i find out - having just picked up that new 'hotspot' dongle from said shop  - that i could have opted for an unlimited data sim - approx £35 for the year and stayed with my old contract payment of approx £20. Additionally, i was also told that i don't need that new 'hotspot' dongle, at all i.e. O2 system settings have altered my contract to 50GB and so a new sim card is as unnecessary as the new dongle. Right or wrong?....Please help - O2 gurus...what is your best advice...should i cancel the new contract and/or etc etc....

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LOL77 

Change of mind policy here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LOL77 

Change of mind policy here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2