Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

JS432
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've currently got a Samsung Galaxy s7 on a sim only deal. I want to buy an iphone 11. what do I need to do to get a new sim card? Thanks JS

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@JS432 

Your sim will fit the iPhone but you'll need to call O2 to ensure they add the iData bolt on to your account.

You will also get a new blank 5g sim with the iPhone, (all new sims are 5g ready even if the phone isn't) so if you wish to use that, you need to do a sim swap from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@JS432 

Your sim will fit the iPhone but you'll need to call O2 to ensure they add the iData bolt on to your account.

You will also get a new blank 5g sim with the iPhone, (all new sims are 5g ready even if the phone isn't) so if you wish to use that, you need to do a sim swap from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2