• 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, number porting today to O2.

Scenario

Had dual SIM Android Main SIM sky mobile

Bought dual SIM iPhone Main SIM is eSim

Porting sky number to O2

Which SIM do I put in the iPhone....do I leave the new O2 one in there and my old Sims in android hand set?

Help I'm confused

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ossi 

The port will happen regardless of what SIM is in what phone. 

You'll know it's started if you have your sky SIM in when it goes offline.

After that, in a few hours, your O2 SIM will start working, but will happen even without either SIM inserted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ossi See if this is any help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Ossi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but my only problem is the actual physical placing of the SIM cards for the port to happen...I am moving away from Android to IOS..so old Sims can stay in old handset and temporary o2 one is in iPhone...should I put my old sky SIM in the iPhone?

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ossi 

No ports will happen over the weekend.

You swap from your old sim, when that loses service keep rebooting your phone

Look at this section, bringing your number to O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Ossi
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I've supplied the PAC and port will happen today. I just need to know if I can leave sky SIM in old phone and then when the number is ported switch on my new iPhone handset which has O2 SIM in it??

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ossi 

The port will happen regardless of what SIM is in what phone. 

You'll know it's started if you have your sky SIM in when it goes offline.

After that, in a few hours, your O2 SIM will start working, but will happen even without either SIM inserted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Ossi
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's all I needed to know. Many thanks

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8