Did you mean: 

oneplus 8%20pro

Kevbro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I am looking at the oneplus 8 pro and theres a lot of conjecture about O2 supporting it.

Can you clarify the 5G position with this device both now ang going forward please.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
happy to help
signature
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Strange decision but we knew it wasn't available currently.
Did OP give any reason why?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

JeremyW61
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the moment I'm not too concerned about 5G.

This thread seems to confirm that the handset will generally work on O2 at present with 4G etc?

Sorry, but can someone confirm that to me. It's all that's stopping me from buying one direct from oneplus.

Your help is much appreciated.

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Conflicting info now.

I have just been on the One Plus forum and they have been informed that O2 WILL be supporting it on 5G.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-8-pro-o2-5g.1213292/ 

@Chris_Kcan you confirm one way or the other please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JeremyW61 

Yes, 4g will work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Conflicting info now.

I have just been on the One Plus forum and they have been informed that O2 WILL be supporting it on 5G.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-8-pro-o2-5g.1213292/ 

@Chris_Kcan you confirm one way or the other please?

Here's what I can confirm:

• The OnePlus 8 devices work on the same 5G band that the O2 5G network operates on - so the device is technically capable.
  • O2 have not tested this device on our network and currently have no plans to. This is common for devices we do not range in our portfolio, and isn't specific to OnePlus devices.
  • We're unable to give specific reasons as to why OnePlus have not enabled O2's 5G on their device, but this was not an O2 decision.
  • There's no reason why 2G, 3G or 4G won't work on the new OnePlus device, though I must stress that O2 have not tested this device on our network so we cannot confirm whether these work correctly or not. We would perhaps suggest referring to OnePlus' return policy if you purchase the device and it doesn't perform on the O2 network as expected.

What I cannot confirm:

• If or when the OnePlus 8 will support O2 5G - this is down to OnePlus and not O2
  • When OnePlus will release a software update that enables O2 5G to work on the device - any such update would come directly from OnePlus themselves and isn't something we have any influence over

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K 

For future queries I will just refer people here. This was the 2nd query this morning. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17