Did you mean: 

number portability time window

andrethetall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey there.

when you buy a new sim and you want to transfer a number onto the new sim, how long do you have to do this?

eg. I buy a new sim 1st april 2020. can I request the portability of an old number (different carrier) on that sim on the 15th of april, or on the 30th of april?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@andrethetall You can request the port on any date you give O2 the PAC, but be aware that number ports are taking much longer due to the current crisis. 

Edit: A PAC from your previous carrier will be good for 30 days. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

A PAC is valid for 30 days. Any longer and you need to get a new PAC from  your provider.

Message 3 of 7

andrethetall
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@andrethetall You can request the port on any date you give O2 the PAC, but be aware that number ports are taking much longer due to the current crisis. 

Edit: A PAC from your previous carrier will be good for 30 days. 

fantastic guys

so put it this way, in terms of the new sim, there is no time window to request the portability onto that, is there?

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@andrethetall Yes there is a time limit in as far as your PAC from your previous provider is only good for 30 days.

Edit: If you cancel your contract with your previous provider and they give you a PAC, but you don't use it within the 30 days, that number is no longer yours. Your previous provider could assign the number to another customer, and you could lose the number forever.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

As long as the other sim is active you can port it at any time in the future.

Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
In terms of bringing a different number over, o2 don't mind if you do it on the first day or the 300th.
The only consideration is that the PAC code is valid (meaning less than 30 days old).
One more consideration is that with everything that is going on right now, moving numbers is taking a lot longer than normal. So right now would not be a great time to try it out...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7