Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone transferring data for over 4 hours

Mollysmum2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi can any one help please. I upgraded to a new phone. it arrived today. Old phone is in process of transferring data. says time remaining 1 minute. has been like this for 4 hours now. screen stuck on this message so can't use old phone and new phone only has a few items loaded and no network coverage so stranded with no phone. sort of regretting upgrading now!!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mollysmum2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. I did wonder but was affraid of loosing everything. apps are all now loading rather than waiting so hopefully this will work. I will then switch back to the old sim so hopefully the new phone will connect to the network fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mollysmum2 

Reboot both phones and start again.

When it's finished, use your old sim in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Mollysmum2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. I did wonder but was affraid of loosing everything. apps are all now loading rather than waiting so hopefully this will work. I will then switch back to the old sim so hopefully the new phone will connect to the network fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds good @Mollysmum2 thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4