Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new esim - no number

2fires
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi... again... I've just added my esim to my new phone (bought specifically so I could do this) - all went well except the esim didn't come with a phone number?  That was the whole point, so that I could have two numbers on my phone... what did I do wrong/not doing,

thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@2fires 

Did you just ask for an eSim or did you purchase a new contract and request an eSim for the new contract?

If you just asked for an eSim, it will not be connected to anything, so you'll need a sim only contract to go with it https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@2fires 

You need to do a sim swap from your old physical sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

2fires
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But I don't want to swap the esim for my existing sim, I was looking for a solution to get 2 different phone numbers on my O2 account on my phone

Message 3 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

What is the purpose of the e sim? The account should have a note of your valid sim phone numbers. It just might be under another part of it. Somebody should explained the process to you more coherently.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@2fires 

Did you just ask for an eSim or did you purchase a new contract and request an eSim for the new contract?

If you just asked for an eSim, it will not be connected to anything, so you'll need a sim only contract to go with it https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5