Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms

Kay2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, In May i had a bit of trouble with a sim, thought it was all sorted, seems not. Now on my phone i suddenly cannot send or receive mms and i want to know why, according to my phone its set to let me send and receive. Do i need to ring someone to deal with this?  I appreciate this is a difficult time for everyone, but this shouldnt be an issue at any time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi  

There can be a number of reasons why MMS does not work. Have you thought about using Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc to send pictures as it uses your data and It’s free to send a MMS costs you 65p.

If this is not an option then you need to make sure your data is switched on, and that your tariff/package has data or enough data on it otherwise this can stop it from working or you could get charges.

You also need to make sure you have MMS enabled on your account, this can be done with O2 over the phone or pop in to store or webchat.

There can be a number of reasons why MMS does not work and the way to resolve this, is to take it in to an O2 Guru. This service is limited at the moment and I would recommend phoning your local store to make sure it’s available before making a visit.

If this is still not resolved and is urgent then you can call 202 betweek 10am and 6pm.

Hope you get it resolved. 

signature
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Kay2020 

As MMS are chargeable you may have a spend cap which is preventing the sending of them.

Also check you have the correct apn by sending the word "ACTIVE" to 2020 then save the settings that get returned and reboot the phone.

Sending an MMS to yourself can also activate the service on a new tariff or contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Kay2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't get why suddenly it would stop, had this account for over 10 year and had this phone for 4 years and boom, mms suddenly stops. I know there are other options, all of which i have, other people i know dont though. Bizarre. I shall contact them. Thanks

Message 4 of 4