cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access mobile data with my new sim - help!

_boink
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost my phone a little while ago, so I bought an unlocked replacement device and ordered a new sim. I set up my phone without a sim and when the new sim arrived I put it in and checked that my partner was able to call me on my usual number etc. 

When I left wifi I realised the new sim no longer had access to the internet (0 kb/s, my data usage for the whole last week has been 0kb). I did the sim swap text thing and 20220 just confirmed that my sim had already been swapped. Mobile data is switched on, I've selected O2 as my preferred network and selected 4G as my preferred network speed. 

I've run the network checker and 2G-4G should all be working fine where I live. I've restarted the device countless times and I've checked my O2 to make sure I still have data left on my contract (currently 20GB remaining). 

I really don't know what else I can do - please help 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

When you say you "ordered a new sim" did you report the old one lost or did you start a new contract/take out a new deal @_boink ?

If you reported it lost, it might be there is still a data bar on your account - which you need to call customer services to remove.

There are a few numbers to try and hints on getting through in the guide below:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

_boink
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone is a Huawei P30 Pro, the same phone I had before without trouble

Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

When you say you "ordered a new sim" did you report the old one lost or did you start a new contract/take out a new deal @_boink ?

If you reported it lost, it might be there is still a data bar on your account - which you need to call customer services to remove.

There are a few numbers to try and hints on getting through in the guide below:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3