Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling on Samsung Note10+

LeeSutton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I've switched my SIMO contract from Three to O2, the PAC transfer was yesterday (2nd June) on my Samsung Note10+ (4G) purchased directly from Samsung.

With my old Three sim, Wifi Calling worked immediately and I could toggle it on or off.

Now with this O2 SIMO, I don't have the option of WiFi Calling showing? I activated it on my account yesterday, and have restarted the phone multiple times and removed the SIM card etc.

Any ideas please?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @LeeSutton I will send you a pm on here as I will need some information from you.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 26

Jeffb74
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exact same issue for me on a Note 9. Ported in on Monday, called 402 twice and told 4G and Wifi calling was active. Phone shows no IMS registration.
Message 22 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Strange, isn't it! Seems to be affecting quite a few new users...

Would be good if O2 could identify the issue and put out a statement as to what's going on?

If it's not resolved in a week I'll most likely cancel within my cooling off period, as I really do need WiFi calling!
Message 23 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5,@Cleoriff @LukasB,

Good news, IMS provisioning is finally active and my WiFi call is working! So it does seem to be taking about 4 days for the provisioning to happen. Cheers for all of your help. 

@Jeffb74 hopefully it's the same situation for you soon, I literally just restarted my phone this morning and it's showing up. Good luck!

Message 24 of 26

Jeffb74
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good to hear. O2 reset my wifi calling setting on the account yesterday. Now wondering if that means another 4 days before it gets provisioned... either way its not a great experience as a new customer.
Message 25 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news 😄
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 26