Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling on Samsung Note10+

LeeSutton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I've switched my SIMO contract from Three to O2, the PAC transfer was yesterday (2nd June) on my Samsung Note10+ (4G) purchased directly from Samsung.

With my old Three sim, Wifi Calling worked immediately and I could toggle it on or off.

Now with this O2 SIMO, I don't have the option of WiFi Calling showing? I activated it on my account yesterday, and have restarted the phone multiple times and removed the SIM card etc.

Any ideas please?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@LeeSutton 

Did customer service say it was active or that they had activated it?

If the later, wait 24 hours and reboot the phone.

If they said it was, they are not accurate and you should call back again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

Cheers, they'd stated it was definitely activated by me yesterday - saying something like 'user initiated request' etc. 

I'll give it a few more hours in case of a lag in getting it to my SIM then call back if need be.

Non-O2, unlocked devices definitely can have WiFi calling though, right? Seems a lot of confusion and mixed information about on forums and from O2 staff even!

Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@LeeSutton 

Depends on the phone, hence the confusion, but yours is definitely OK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Makes sense, cheers! Fingers crossed the WiFi calling will push to my SIM soon

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Fingers crossed for you @LeeSutton 

Currently using:
Message 15 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 days on and still no luck! Looks like it's still not activated given it's not working both on my Note10+ and the iPhone 11 that I'm testing it on...

Oh and O2's IVR on 202 is a nightmare currently, nearly impossible to get through to someone. Regretting switching in....

Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@LeeSutton 

Lots of similar issues on here in last few days and it appears to be taking at least 3 to 4 days to push the settings through to the phones.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - thanks @MI5 glad to hear it's not just an isolated issue! 

Message 18 of 26

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @LeeSutton did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having issues?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 26

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @LukasB, unfortunately still no luck! Am regularly restarting my phone and removing/reinserting SIM to see... as @MI5 says looks like it's a common issue though is a bit of a pain when there's conflicting info (such as from live chat, against calling 202).

Appreciate if you're able to get an update as to why activating WiFi calling is taking longer than the advertised 24hrs?

Thanks

Message 20 of 26