Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Axel23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I’m on an iPhone XR running the latest iOS (14.3) and I’ve just noticed the voicemail option on the iPhone app is not there anymore for me. I know other people on iOS 14.3 that have the option still.

I’m not sure when it disappeared but I’ve tried restarting the phone but that hasn’t helped.

I’ve spoken to O2 who confirmed I’m still on an iPhone data tariff as well.

Is there anything I can do to get the voicemails to show again? I’m not receiving notifications that I have a voicemail either (I’ve just had someone leave me a message as a test).

Thanks

Alex
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Axel23 

Apple Visual Voicemail Reset

Sometimes, the visual voicemail feature on Apple iPhones can stop working. O2 suggest the following steps to reset voicemail on an iPhone.

NOTE: Following these steps will destroy all voicemail messages on the phone, plus lose any saved WiFi settings.

1. Turn off voicemail by dialling 1760 from the phone. You should heard a message confirming voicemail has been deactivated.
  2. Perform a reset of network settings on the iPhone. (Home -> Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network Settings) The exact steps may vary based on the iOS version.
  3. Send an SMS message to 9011, with the word "STATE" (Note the capitalisation).
  4. After a few minutes, power off, and power back on again the iPhone.
  5. Re-enable voicemail by dialling 1750.
  6. Re-test to see if Visual Voicemail is working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Axel23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I try calling 1760 the message says that “your messaging service could not be switched off. Please call your customer service number”.

Is there something else I could try or should I call the o2 customer service and see if they can help again?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Axel23 

A few have reported the same issue since o2 upgraded the voicemail system.

I guess calling to get it reset on your account may be the only option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4