Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice call keeps dropping

wendygn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently upgraded to an iphone xr and when I make a call it can be alright for a bit, but then the receiver of my call can't hear me. I can hear them perfectly.

I've spoken to O2 both in store, on the phone and on chat numerous times with this issue.

I've upgraded recently to the latest ios

I've reset my signal

I've got a new sim

There's no issues with the masts nearby

I've turned my phone on and off

I'm stuck now with what to do next. I feel sure that my phone is broken, but I've never been told that my phone needs replacing.

Also is there anything in settings that is on or off by default, but could help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance, Wendy slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@wendygn 

I would give Apple a call and arrange to see one of their instore Gurus.

All info here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@wendygn 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Karlos
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I'm currently having the same issue on my Samsung s20. It started on Sunday but is still ending my calls anywhere from as soon as I call someone to 30seconds after connecting.

I've restarted my phone multiple times, updated it, reset my connection, nothing seems to work and I can't contact O2 as the calls dont stay connected long enough to be able to speak to anyone.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Karlos 

Have you checked for local issues?

O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

wendygn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Karlos wrote:
Hello, I'm currently having the same issue on my Samsung s20. It started on Sunday but is still ending my calls anywhere from as soon as I call someone to 30seconds after connecting.

I've restarted my phone multiple times, updated it, reset my connection, nothing seems to work and I can't contact O2 as the calls dont stay connected long enough to be able to speak to anyone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Karlos

When I spoke to the O2 shop about not being able to get through, they told me that next time I ring, press the option to leave O2. This worked for me. Also try ringing them on your landline if you're having issues with your phone. Alternatively, try Samsung direct if they have the same sort of service as Apple do. I found Apple a lot more helpful than O2 slight_smile Hope this helps. Wendy

Message 5 of 7

wendygn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@wendygn 

Thank you that was really helpful slight_smile Apple were able to go into my phone and check the diagnostics, which ruled out hardware (phew!)

Then they shared my phone and went through a couple of things in my settings and also told me to upgrade to the latest ios (even though it wasn't showing as an update).

I've also been given a reference number, so I can go straight through if this problem persists. I definitely recommend Apple gurus!

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good to hear @wendygn thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7