Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemailo setup fail

A_Brit_Abroad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to a helpful chap on the phone at O2, to get i-data activated for visual voicemail to functiopn and he gave me instrictions for my end which starts with dialing 1760 to deactivate voicemail.

Dialled 1760 and the final message I got was "Your messaging service could not be switched off - please call Customer Service".

I thought, okay, maybe its already switched off so I tried to call 1750 to turn it on first. The message I got was "Your messaging service could not be set up because we have not received your number".

So I thought I would check if my number was set up in the iPhone 11 (with e-SIM). I went to Settings - Phone - My Number- E-Sim and found the number is blank. I tried entering it in Uk format and international format (+44 .....) and no matter what I type, pressing save, does not result in the number being saved. 

Unless I can get the VM switched off I cannot follow the rest of the instructions. I have checked and VM is still active although I get no notifications of any kind for messages left.

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @LukasB 

I will private message A_Brit_Abroad and look into this further.

Many thanks.

signature
Message 11 of 12

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Perfect @O2Ryan thank you.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12