cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to data network when using roaming data.

JakeB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After breaking my phone I purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I live in Northern Ireland and whenever I go across to The Irish republic I’m unable to access my network data.

data roaming is switched on. Aeroplane mode is off. I have reset my network settings. Removed my sim and reinserted it. Basically followed every solution I have been able to find on the internet with no success. My wife also on an iPhone can be sitting beside me and has no issues at all. Which rules out being in a dead spot etc.

any help greatly appreciated.

John. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JakeB 

Change your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JakeB Hi,  you could try swapping SIM's with your wife's phone, to see if either your phone/SIM works that way. 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JakeB 

Change your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

JakeB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy. All sorted and works perfectly. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JakeB 

The reason for this is because you don't have the iData bolt on enabled on your account.

You can call O2 to request the bolt on then change your apn back to "iData.o2.co.uk"

This will also give you the option of visual voicemail, or just leave your apn as it is now.

Calls and texts etc will still work fine.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5