Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring playlists

Anyotherbizniz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I asked this question before and, although ot was not answeredm ot got marked as solved. 

It may not be worth ot but I thought I would try again in case anyone has any ideas. I really want to upgrade from my Sony Xperia XZ2 to the new Xperia 5 II when available, bit this is stopping me doing it.

Q: I have an external memory card with many thousands of songs on it in my phone. These have been playlisted into a series of playlists on the phone. Does anyone know how to transfer these playlists from the old phone to the new one? Last time I changed phone I had to redo all the playlists again. That was quite a pain. So, without being able to transfer the playlists,  I am not going to be in any hurry to update that's for sure.

Thanks all

aob

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anyotherbizniz 

You marked it solved yourself yesterday https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/Transferring-playlists/m-p/1397192#M4470

I think we've offered all we can tbh but do let us know if you find a solution.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anyotherbizniz
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't now how that got marked solved - but I do have clumsy fingers so it was probably me by mistake.

Thanks for trying to help - much appreciated.  I will indeed see if I can find other sources of help. I am keen to get the new Sony but am sure other networks will also be able to provide the phone I want. I just need one that can provide me with the solution to my problem first, that may be harder to find.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anyotherbizniz 

It's not a network issue.

It's a case of finding an app that will do the job for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anyotherbizniz
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

why do my replies keep disappearing?

Message 5 of 8

Anyotherbizniz
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I do appreciate your time and trouble in all this,

I know it is not a network issue per se. What I meant was that, fortunately, I no longer have to be particularly price conscous and there is not, on the face of it, an awful lot of difference between the quality/coverage of the various networks.  So the swinger for me in any decision on netwroks would be  the technical support. If I can find anyone from any network that can resolve my problem, I would bite their hand off and sign up  for that network on the spot, when I finally resolve this and buy my new phone.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Maybe on your other thread @Anyotherbizniz ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/Transferring-playlists/m-p/1397192#M4470

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anyotherbizniz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nope. Tried the solutions proposed there and they didn't work I'm afraid.
Message 8 of 8