Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring an account to a family member

db505
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So: my son has used my account for his number, which was first set up when he was still at school.  How do we go about transferring the account to him so that he is the registered account holder and can start paying his own telephone bills?  Anyone know the answer to this?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@db505 You cannot transfer the account. In order for your son to keep the number he's using in his name he would have to take out his own contract, which would be subject to a credit check. When that happens you can call customer service and transfer the number to his name. You would both need to be on the call. Alternatively you could go in store, bringing identification with you, if you have one nearby.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@db505 You cannot transfer the account. In order for your son to keep the number he's using in his name he would have to take out his own contract, which would be subject to a credit check. When that happens you can call customer service and transfer the number to his name. You would both need to be on the call. Alternatively you could go in store, bringing identification with you, if you have one nearby.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can change the payment details in My O2 so that he pays for it

Once the contract comes to an end he can then apply for an account in his own name

Message 3 of 3