Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Phone

Lizzy28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I currently have a 02 Sim only plan 10gb running til Oct 2021. I've taken out a 02 phone contract with a 5G sim 20gb. I would like to transfer my number from 10gb sim to 20gb sim. I know how to do this, but where does that leave the 10gb sim? A dead sim? I need to keep this 10gb simo contract running as my daughter will be having it ideally plus don't want to incur fees for exiting early . She is currently on EE PAYG. And needs to transfer her number to the 02 10gb sim. I can't through to a person on customer service 202 to ask my question. If its possible? Hope this makes sense. Thanks very much
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lizzy28 

If you transfer the number to your new sim the old one will be switched off and the contract cancelled.

You will be charged for early termination too.

There is no way around it unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lizzy28 

If you transfer the number to your new sim the old one will be switched off and the contract cancelled.

You will be charged for early termination too.

There is no way around it unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Lizzy28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply. Is that definitely the case? If I could speak to someone, can't they just send a new sim card out to replace the 'dead' one? ☹️
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lizzy28 

The account is cancelled so a new sim wouldn't help I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4