Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible indoor connection

youbest04
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

whenever I’m trying to use apps in my phone the Wi-Fi is perfectly fine I.e 4/full bar’s however the connection is consistently at 2 or 1 and never above that. I have already sent a request on the network app in which they repaired the tower which they said was faulty however it hasn’t helped. I have only just switched phones to a iPhone XR(since I was due a upgrade and hoped it would fix the problem) and other people who also use o2 on different phones within the same house don’t have the same problem even though we can both be standing together. I don’t use my phone much outside my house so I’m not sure if it would have the same problems but it’s bad enough where things don’t load and I either get sent double texts or the person I’m texting doesn’t receive them. Thanks for any assistance this has been driving me crazy for the last two years.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Justme1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've the exact same problem as Youbest04 - when indoors I've simply no signal on my phone so can't receive calls or text.....it's so annoying

Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Justme1 @youbest04 

I'm afraid you need to blame either whoever built your house, or those pesky radio waves, that struggle to permeate walls just like all radio waves. (Its a little thing called Physics and the Laws of Physics).

There are options but YOU have to pay for them, these include external aerials, to boost signal internally in your own home, not a lot o2 can really do about them. 

Or you just use Wifi Calling using your Broadband connection.

Coverage maps are just computer simulations using the same build types for all locations

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 4 of 10

youbest04
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How come other peoples phone are perfectly normal when used in the same house and other things that would be affected aren’t?

Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Are you all using the same Make, Model, and production batch of phone? 

As could be the antennae not using enough power to attract the radio waves to the device,  How do you  mean other things that would be affected aren't??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

pgn
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Out of interest, have you followed advice in this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? @youbest04?

Including swapping SIM from a better phone into a worse one, if all are O2?

And hints for enabling WiFi calling here, with SMS over WiFi coming in the next few months, that should help: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

Message 7 of 10

youbest04
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The other phones that don’t have the problem are o2 however my sim won’t fit into any phones that are accessible for me. It never worked on my old iPhone 6s+ And it still doesn’t on my Xr. I’ve tried everything that is offered on the website but nothing worked so I thought I’d ask on this since it was a very specific problem. The only thing the website recommended was to use the network app to complain which I already did but wouldn’t help anyways since they have just finished repairing a tower near me.

Message 8 of 10

pgn
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @youbest04 - whilst your SIM may not fit into one of the other phones, one of those Sims may, with the cut-out expander from the original SIM card, into yours. This will help to see if the issue follows the SIM, or the phone.

galaxy_s110_sim_card_1.jpg

Message 9 of 10

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Let us know how you get on, @youbest04. Maybe, some of the advice above could resolve the issue. It'd be helpful for the community to hear the outcome.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 10 of 10