Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phones

EmmBun
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am still trying to switch from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 11.

The new Sim is in the new phone.

I still cannot make/receive calls or texts from my new phone yet so I'm carying two everywhere but the old phone battery won't hold out much longer! Online help is useless to me.  Help!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmmBun
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi
I had already texted SWAP to 20220 before reading the SIM swap suggestion by MI5.
Finally it works. I switched the new one on/off after O2 disconnected the old SIM.

I has been 4 years since I changed phones and so it is easy to forget simple procedures! However, it is sad that we have to reply on a Community to assist.  

Two points: Covid is over-used as an excuse.  Employees should be working on a laptop at home to assist.

It is possible to have a 90 minute online chat to BUY I as I did) but there is NO after sales help. 

After 21 years as a customer with O2 I will be moving at the end of my current contract. 

Thank you for checking with me and caring.  AS a company, O2 doesn't. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmmBun 

Just put your old sim in the new phone.

Your new tariff is on your old sim card now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @EmmBun , how is your Friday going? slight_smile

I just wanted to check if the above advice from @MI5 was helpful - did switching to the old SIM help you with this issue? Let us know if you need any further help.

Message 3 of 7

EmmBun
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi
I had already texted SWAP to 20220 before reading the SIM swap suggestion by MI5.
Finally it works. I switched the new one on/off after O2 disconnected the old SIM.

I has been 4 years since I changed phones and so it is easy to forget simple procedures! However, it is sad that we have to reply on a Community to assist.  

Two points: Covid is over-used as an excuse.  Employees should be working on a laptop at home to assist.

It is possible to have a 90 minute online chat to BUY I as I did) but there is NO after sales help. 

After 21 years as a customer with O2 I will be moving at the end of my current contract. 

Thank you for checking with me and caring.  AS a company, O2 doesn't. 

Message 4 of 7

EmmBun
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I forgot to say, the manner in which information/instrcutions are presented makes a big difference.  

User/friendly? I don't think so.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you are sorted anyway @EmmBun.
PS. Loved you in the Spice Girls wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

EmmBun
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
👍🏻😎
Message 7 of 7