Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping sim into new phone

Lucky14Lady
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter has just sent me a new iPhone 12. How do I swap the SIM card over & keep all my contacts & text messages.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

What phone are you changing from @Lucky14Lady ?

If another iPhone, you need to do a back up (either to iTunes or iCloud).

Once you have done that you can put the SIM card in your current phone into the new one and then restore from your backup - everything will then be as it was.

If from another phone then there are various ways to get contacts etc across, but would be dependant on phone make/model for exact instructions.

If you google it then you might also find some helpful guides.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

What phone are you changing from @Lucky14Lady ?

If another iPhone, you need to do a back up (either to iTunes or iCloud).

Once you have done that you can put the SIM card in your current phone into the new one and then restore from your backup - everything will then be as it was.

If from another phone then there are various ways to get contacts etc across, but would be dependant on phone make/model for exact instructions.

If you google it then you might also find some helpful guides.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lucky14Lady 

Easiest way is to just put your old sim in the new phone.

If your old phone was Apple, make sure your iCloud backup is on and everything will transfer automatically when you log in on the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Lucky14Lady
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

None of the answers actually solved my question but they all made me think. Some things I had stopped being backed up once I found them & backed them up on my old 5 everything just fell into place. Many thanks all for jogging my memory 

Message 4 of 4