Did you mean: 

Stolen phone - contacting 02

Yasmin89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

My phone was stolen a week ago and I desperately need a replacement and a new sim. I am eligible for early upgrade with 02 refresh but I am unable to reach anyone at 02 on any platform. 

Is there anyone who can help me? 

Many thanks

Yasmin

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

O2Kurt
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

try the Skype option 

do a Skype call to 0800 032 1402. 

its still gonna be pretty busy but may give you more joy, only other option is to wait till tomorrow morning I've been told 8am seems to be the most reliable time to call.

kurt

signature
Message 11 of 15

Ben_30
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update: thanks for that Kurt. After calling through Skype and going through the automated menu I was put straight into a call queue to speak to an advisor. It took a while to get through but it has now all been sorted.

There is definitely something currently wrong with the automated system on the 0344 809 0202 number they advise you to call. It cuts you off immediately after selecting various different options on the automated menu linked to phone loss or theft. It never put me into a holding queue for an advisor, just an automatic ending of the call with a recorded message.
Message 12 of 15

Ben_30
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yasmin, I was able to update my address while on phone to the advisor by confirming a 4 digit code he sent to my email address linked to the account, as I had same issue with needing to change delivery address but without my number to verify a text. My new SIM now coming to current address.

Use Skype to call the number Kurt posted in this thread to get through to them.
Message 13 of 15

Yasmin89
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Excellent! Thanks for this.
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many people get through but just as many tell us they have the same issue of being cut off

Message 15 of 15