Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap exceeding 24 hours

DavisA85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday morning, I initiated a SIM swap. It’s been around 28 hours and my phone still says “No Network“. I’ve tried rebooting and all the usual advice, still nothing!

I phoned customer service and I was told that I could be waiting a further 3-4 days! This isn’t convenient for me as I need mobile data/network coverage for when I’m out and about. Really need this resolved ASAP!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Forum members are customers like yourself, @DavisA85 - we have no access to your account to help.

SIM Swaps have a 48-hour turnaround, 5 days a week. Nothing happens on the weekends in that respect. As this is a bank holiday weekend, it could delay activation further.

Just keep rebooting your phone every few hours to see if the process has completed.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Forum members are customers like yourself, @DavisA85 - we have no access to your account to help.

SIM Swaps have a 48-hour turnaround, 5 days a week. Nothing happens on the weekends in that respect. As this is a bank holiday weekend, it could delay activation further.

Just keep rebooting your phone every few hours to see if the process has completed.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

DavisA85
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It started working about an hour after I posted here.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hongli
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same question. are you sure after 48 hours the swap really working?

i did swap yesterday 8pm. and I got "good news, turn off and back on "message. but now still not working. And the old sim have not stop working. over 25 hours, I am worrying in.

many thanks

Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

About 2 minutes for me in January - going from a 4G SIM to a 5G one. Not sure why it has got so much slower - just keep watching for service to drop on old SIM, then reboot phone with new SIM.

You could also ping O2'S Social Media Team via the link just below - but I think it is in the lap of the Great O2 SIM Swap god now, @Hongli 🤞

Message 7 of 7