Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap confusion.

shortie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys slight_smile this could be confusing, so I'll try explain as clearly as I can!! My boyfriend did a sim swap, and it worked for a few minutes, but no longer has signal.

History :

He has a basic nokia (large sim) on PAYG.
Back in jan/feb, my contract expired, I upgraded, and gave him my 'old' smartphone.
Due to the differing sim sizes, he got a new sim with adapters from the O2 shop, and did the 'swap' text.
Later on, or the next day, he put the new sim in my old phone, and we texted briefly, then his signal bar disappeared.
He swapped his new sim back to his original old phone and has been using that since.
Lockdown happened, and a few days ago we met up, and I tried my sim in my old phone, which should work, right?! - no signal.

Any ideas appreciated, cause I am baffled grin Cheers!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@shortie 

Sounds like your old phone may have a fault.

Can you try a different SIM in it to see if it works at all?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @shortie , it would be great to hear how you're doing this week. slight_smile Did you end up getting the SIM swap issue sorted? Could it have been a faulty phone in the end as suggested above?

Message 3 of 6

shortie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's something to do with the phone. His sim and my sim both show no service on it. 

I've tried a few of the easy fixes - turning phone off and on, toggling airplane mode on and off, and trying to get onto the o2 network in settings. 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@shortie 

Can you pop into your local O2 store to get the phone checked?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@shortie 

You may be better off taking the phones instore and seeing if they can sort them out?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6