Did you mean: 

Sim not working

Vladislav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have Sony Experia I and tried to send use it on another network (giffgaff).

There are no system notifications or messages but the sim is not recognisable. Mobile data is on, network says giffgaff but there is no internet.

I thought the sim is locked and requested unlock code. But the device does not show Sim Network unlock pin.

Regards,

Vlad

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Vladislav 

You need to set the giffgaff data apn.

On Android devices, they can usually be found in the Settings app under Mobile Networks/Networks, Mobile Network, then APNs. Make sure to tap the new button (it might be hidden in a menu behind three dots).

• APN: giffgaff.com
  • Username: gg
  • Password: p
  • Proxy: {Leave Blank}
  • MCC: 234
  • MNC: 10
  • APN protocol: IPv4v6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Authentication type: PAP

On Android devices, make sure you press the three dots in the top right, then tap "Save" otherwise your changes might not be kept.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Vladislav 

You need to set the giffgaff data apn.

On Android devices, they can usually be found in the Settings app under Mobile Networks/Networks, Mobile Network, then APNs. Make sure to tap the new button (it might be hidden in a menu behind three dots).

• APN: giffgaff.com
  • Username: gg
  • Password: p
  • Proxy: {Leave Blank}
  • MCC: 234
  • MNC: 10
  • APN protocol: IPv4v6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Authentication type: PAP

On Android devices, make sure you press the three dots in the top right, then tap "Save" otherwise your changes might not be kept.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2