Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not provisioned for voice

roro1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi my sim card which i had for over a year is saying it is not not provisioned for voice. I tried to reinsert multiple times and tried on multiple phones but it seems to be deactivated? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@roro1

Is this a Pay As You Go Sim?, if so you have make a chargable call every 6months or the sim card will be deactivate (as per t&c's you agreed to):

7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

If pay monthly, you will need a new sim card which can be obtained from a o2 shop, or via customer services on 0344 809 0202

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@roro1

Is this a Pay As You Go Sim?, if so you have make a chargable call every 6months or the sim card will be deactivate (as per t&c's you agreed to):

7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

If pay monthly, you will need a new sim card which can be obtained from a o2 shop, or via customer services on 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@roro1 

It may have just failed (it does happen).

You can call into any O2 store or call O2 for a free replacement.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

roro1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
yep i think this is what happend... do you know if there's any way to keep my current number? also if theres any way to reactivate my sim please let me know.
Thank you
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@roro1

You can try customer services, but the chances are the number will have been disconnected and put back in the pool.

Call 0344 809 0202 or try live chat at https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Otherwise just go online or visit a shop and get a new PAYG sim card
Message 5 of 5