Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

AlexW5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i have taken out a new phone cotract and have just finished setting up my new phone. Do i use the sim card from my old phone in the new one or the sim card that was sent to be with the new phone? on my old phone the contract had already transferred over. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@AlexW5 

You can just use your old sim but if you can get 5g and have a 5g phone, you need to do a sim swap to activate the new one Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@AlexW5 

You can just use your old sim but if you can get 5g and have a 5g phone, you need to do a sim swap to activate the new one Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@AlexW5 If you're in a 5G area, do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If not, you can carry on using your old sim until your area is upgraded to 5G and save the new sim until then. Your new sim is backward compatible if you still want to do the swap.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3