Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

KRob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, have switched to o2 due to previous network issues. Internet comparison for postcode said o2 would be the best but me and husband (on ee) have to stand by a certain window to make and receive calls. I want a signal booster so that I don’t have to switch again and husband can join o2 but they’re £180.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@KRob

O2 Signal boosters are only available to qualifying Business customers, they are not available to consumers.

If you are on Pay Monthly, have you tried using WiFi calling which uses wifi to allow calling?

I would check the o2 status page or the My Network app to check if there are any issues in the local area.

I would always recommend getting a free PAYG sim from all of the networks before switching so you can check the network coverage as coverage maps dont go into house level details.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@KRob

O2 Signal boosters are only available to qualifying Business customers, they are not available to consumers.

If you are on Pay Monthly, have you tried using WiFi calling which uses wifi to allow calling?

I would check the o2 status page or the My Network app to check if there are any issues in the local area.

I would always recommend getting a free PAYG sim from all of the networks before switching so you can check the network coverage as coverage maps dont go into house level details.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

KRob
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

Yes I’ve got a pay monthly rolling sim to see if it works but I may switch. Boosters are being sold second hand on eBay, could I buy one to use as It says o2 need to be called to set it up? I need my phone to work from home so signal is really important.

I have WiFi calling set up but I don’t know if it will allow me to call students for tutorials etc and withhold my number as I don’t number shared?

Thanks
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KRob 

O2 won't connect your number to a boostbox unless you are on a business contract.

Withholding your numbers works the same over a wifi call as it does over the network normally.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

KRob
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah ok both good to know. Thanks all!

Will my phone connect automatically if my signal is bad or do I select an option? (Last question I promise) thanks again.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KRob 

Just set "wifi priority" in the wifi calling settings and it will use wifi whenever you are connected to a wifi signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6