Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal or phone, can't get reception.

BWyld
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since I joined O2 last year I have had reception issues. I was previously living in Torquay and was told the issue was the network was overloaded. I lost work and missed important NHS phone appointments and due to my health issues I need my mobile to get hold of my emergency contact.

The  issue was never solved, I was told I wouldn't be let out of contract or contract discounted so I could get another contract. I ended up paying for landline to sort.

I have now moved to mid Devon (Cullompton area) this time I have no service in the house, patchy outside, no internet and I can't get a landline as rural property.

The checker says full 4G inside and out, I have tried resetting network settings, everything I can find. Even new SIM, no joy. Was concerned it was phone but neighbours/workmen say the same. No coverage here. I tried reporting it but was told it was fine. I can't afford two contracts but people are now getting 'number not available' 'This number is not recognised' if they ring or can't hear me and I can't ring out or it breaks up. Unfortunately my WiFi calling does not reliably work and I have tried everything  trouble shooting wise. My phone is Xperia 5ii, any ideas or known faults? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Looks like you are not alone, @BWyld 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/5-series/xperia-5-ii-poor-signal/td-p/3758781

Are you near end of contract?

(Btw Pixel 6 range has similar problem at the moment, so go for an earlier pixel if you are looking to change).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Looks like you are not alone, @BWyld 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/5-series/xperia-5-ii-poor-signal/td-p/3758781

Are you near end of contract?

(Btw Pixel 6 range has similar problem at the moment, so go for an earlier pixel if you are looking to change).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

BWyld
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. Looking like this is indeed the issue. Will see if I can change phones! 

Message 3 of 3