Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Questions

M13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently got a text from O2 after the customer services asked me a anumber of questions. All I wanted to do was pay my bill. I could not remember my memorable word, so I failed security. Now I have got an email saying I have changed my security questions. No . I did NOT change my security question. I merely was refused the opportunity to pay my bill. Indeed, this whole process was not helpful and wasted a lot of my time. I have now paid my bill, by finding the right number for bills. But customer services would not let me pay my bill. Also, it's quite ridiculous that they wanted even to go through security. And ask me for my phone number (when I'm ringing on my phone !) . If I was a fraudster which I'm not then I'd be a bit stupid if I rang you to offer to pay someone else's bill. Totally illogical. Think about it. We are not overly amused > Have a good day .

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I quite agree with you, but the trouble is fraudsters use such crafty methods to gain info that the easist and safest way is to have security checks before any call regarding a customers account. 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27668 Solutions

@M13 

Your security word can be reset in your details in your MyO2.

There's no need to know the old one to set a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3