Did you mean: 

Samsung s6 Lite Fast Charging

Suhail
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys
Just received my s6 lite today, and one thing I have noticed is the charger and cable out of the box does not allow fast charging. However, when I use the cable that came with my S10 phone, the tablet fast charges.
Is this correct and out of the box the cable is not fast charge capable, although the plug is an adaptive fast charge plug?
Or is the cable faulty? As the cable that came with the s6 lite also does not work for fast charging on my S10 phone.
If someone could confirm before I initiate a return.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suhail 

I'd call customer service and see if they can send another cable Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suhail 

Out of the box it should charge at 15w but it's not all that quick due to the size of the battery.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Suhail
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I get that it wont be as quick, but all I get displayed is "cable charging" but when I use the s10 cable it then correctly states "fast charging", hence why I think the cable out of the box is faulty. Having tested the plug with my other cable it's fine and switches to fast charge fine, it just seems to be an issue with the cable that came with the s6 lite. I really dont want to have to return the whole thing because of a cable, but at the same time I dont want to spend anymore money on an official cable
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suhail 

I'd call customer service and see if they can send another cable Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Suhail
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I'll give them a call shortly and hopefully they can help
Message 5 of 7

Suhail
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Couldnt get through due to covid reduced lines, they are only dealing with renewals and emergencies. Is there any other way to contact them? Live chat I see if offline
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suhail 

Just say anything to get connected.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7