Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 3 4G

Disc84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently purchased a Samsung Watch 3 4G. Everything is set up, the eSIM is showing as fine, however the watch won't make or receive calls unless its connected to the phone by bluetooth. Texts and notificationsalll work just not the calling functions, which is kinda the point of paying for the data plan.

I have performed the various restarts and resets and even had the eSIM reset by O2 but it stills wnats to connect via bluetooth for some reason. Any odeas on how to get this working?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Disc84

It will connect over bluetooth within range, it will then switch to mobile data when out of range.

Full details are below:

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-connect-samsung-galaxy-watch-to-mobile-devi....
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Disc84
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Alas, thats the bit that isn't working. At least for calls.
Message 3 of 6

Neilo_en_fuego
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey there. Exact same problem here with my Acitve2 4g. Data/messaging works fine when on cellular but I am unable to make or receive lte/WiFi phone calls. I am now on my second esim.

I have tried all troubleshooting and have scoured the Internet for a fix, conclusion seems that it is some sort of software/firmware issue, either from the carriers and/or Samsungs servers.
Message 4 of 6

Marc1984
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

any luck with this im in the same boat

Message 5 of 6

Neilo_en_fuego
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all.

Has anyone had any luck getting this issue resolved? After the o2 Guru Team assisting me for months, sending my watch to be "repaired" and visiting an o2 store whom were none the wiser on how to resolve the issue, the problem still persists.

The weird thing is though, I reset the esim and scanned the QR Code again, now via 4g/lte the problem of being unable to make/receive calls persists (when checking the Samsung s10+ it remotely connects briefly before disconnecting) but when I switch the Watch' network mode to 3g only I am able to make/receive calls but only via the watches own phone number, of which call charges will apply which shouldn't be happening.

I have also been able to receive one phone call when through 4g but though I can hear them, their end it is just static noise.

There is definitely some sort of bug between o2 and Samsung watches currently and no one from o2 or Samsung really has any answer.

Regards, Neil
Message 6 of 6