Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 won't power up or charge

FatherSunglasse
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 from the o2 website and it arrived today. Phone is in like new condition as stated however it does not power up at all. I have tried charging it with the supplied charging cable however there are no signs of life. I have also tried my original Samsung charger from my last phone which I know works however there is still no sign of life. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@FatherSunglasse 

Contact O2 to replace it.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

FatherSunglasse
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, although I ended up just leaving it on the charger and eventually it kicked into life I noticed a red charging light after around 1-2 hours on the charger. Now I'm trying to unlock it and I've followed the steps on my o2 and received the unlock code however when trying it, the first time it said it was incorrect. I assumed as I entered it quick I may have got it wrong. For the second time I doubled checked and ensured the IMEI matches my phone which it does and I entered the code in slowly this time ensuring each digit was correct, however again I was told the code was wrong. Now I don't want to enter it again for a third time as I am aware of you enter it wrong a third time your device becomes locked. What do I do? Could the reason by I haven't inserted/activated my o2 sim? Does my o2 sim need to be inside for 24hrs prior to me trying another sim and unlocking?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@FatherSunglasse 

It's probably already hardlocked if the code isn't working, so as above, send it back.

The S6 was notorious for failed unlocks so you are better of getting one sim free or already unlocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4