Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S7 password unlock

RockSteady
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I have not used my Galaxy Tab S7 tablet from O2 for a while and when I tried to enter my usual password to access my tablet recently, I got a message "incorrect password".

1.  My first question please, is how many tries do I get? I have a few other passwords I can try BUT I don't want my tablet to freeze up or something because of too many incorrect attempts.

2.  My second question is please, what should I try next if, after trying other passwords, I am still unable to access my tablet?                 Thanks, Jurie.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RockSteady 

Keep entering passwords and if you don't get lucky it will give you the option to login with your Google account.

If you can't remember that either, your only option would be a factory reset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have a look online at your Samsung account

In the Find My Phone section there should be an option to unlock the device

Message 2 of 13

RockSteady
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for your help jonsie. The problem is, when I try to log into my Samsung account, apparently I forgot the password to log in for that as well. When I try to reset the password for my Samsung Account, they send a verification code to my tablet which I cannot access. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RockSteady 

Keep entering passwords and if you don't get lucky it will give you the option to login with your Google account.

If you can't remember that either, your only option would be a factory reset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

RockSteady
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5. So it is not possible to speak to someone, who is actually employed by O2 who, with a few quick keystrokes on their computer, can sort this out for me in a couple of minutes? Seriously, if I have to jump through more hoops then I would rather just cancel my accouunt and ask for a full refund to be honest BUT I can't even get hold of anyone to do that for me!!!!. Please forgive me, I know you are just a customer like me who is kind enough to offer assistance BUT I think it is absolute BS that companies now get their customers to do their dirty work for them.  

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

O2 wouldn't be able to unlock it even if you could speak to someone there @RockSteady 

They don't know your password either.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 13

RockSteady
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I know that now MI5 BUT they should still have people one can speak to.

Message 8 of 13

RockSteady
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie, I will try Samsung's chat support next.

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions