Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra is rattling and flickering.

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I purchased a Samsung S21 Ultra last week in o2 Salisbury, and yesterday it started rattling in the camera area (absolutely no rattle beforehand, even in the shop during purchase).   Apparently it's something to do with one of the cameras and goes away when the cameras are in use and focusing.  I tried that and the rattle remains, with absolutely no change.  The rattle is also at ear level when phone is used to call someone.

Today I'm going into Yeovil  and will visit the o2 store there, device-box-reciepts in hand.  Hopefully they can sort something out, as I spent £1,180 on the device and I really don't want to fork out more cash for a replacement and another screen protector.

And for some reason the device won't download the software update unless it's on wi-fi.  Tried o2 wi-fi at work but network not recognised.  Annoying as device developed a screen flicker almost immediately after I first charged it up ahd used it.  Hoping update would solve this.

Has anyone else been having these problems, and will they return on a new device?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anno78 

If faulty it can be returned for replacement or refund within the first 30 days 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returns-and-repairs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anno78 You should be entitled to a new phone. Don't let them talk you into sending the one you have off for repair. You may have to return it to the store you purchased it from. I'm not 100% certain of the return policy regarding that, but you definitely should be able to get a new phone, with the problems you have described developing so soon after you purchased it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@Anno78
Stick out for a new phone only...
Good luck...don't give it to them
Get a new phone or refund on the day.
If no phone available get a refund.
These are your rights..

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Will be heading to o2 Salisbury on Monday if rattle gets worse. It's where I purchased the device, plus o2 Yeovil hadn't got any replacements in stock.
I do need a phone in case of emergencies, so will wait until Monday.

Rattle could be just the camera stabiliser as the store person explained, but I want to make sure.

And flickering fixed thanks to a simple software update done whilst in store.

Message 5 of 5