Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 5g connection issues

Lisee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since upgrading from s9+ I havent been able to get any Internet whilst indoors, unless its my WiFi, and only H+ and very rarely 3g when I'm out and about. There is no option for 4g on this phone, and my data is 120gb a month. So, does it mean I cant get 4g on this phone when 5g isn't available? Or that 5g is available in my area, (it is according to the checker) but my included data only covers 4g, on a phone that doesn't have 4g? If the latter is the case, then I have been sold an airtime plan and phone that are not compatible? I have tried many things to try and sort this, but thats all I can come up with thats left. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Lisee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok so I think I have sorted it.... its only taken me a month -.-

Went into settings, connections, and sim management.

I didn't k kw this, but I was supposed to turn the data on manually to sim in slot 1. (Not sure where sim 2 is to be honest)

Anyway doing this simple thing, and 4g has now kicked in.

Still none the wiser on the 5g thing, I guess as long as I got a reliable connection now I'm past caring 🤣
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Lisee 

You would need a new SIM to get 5g if you are using your old SIM in the new phone. 

The range of 5g is also limited, so you need to be precisely in range currently. This will improve as the roll out continues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3