Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems unlocking refurbished phone and now simcard

SHANNA15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a refurbished Samsung S9+ from a phone company online.  It was advertised as being unlocked but when it arrived my sim did not work on the new phone.

I contacted O2 and arranged for a new simcard to be sent out to me and then I contacted the company who sold me the phone who told me it may not have been unlocked and that they would send me a code to unlock it.  I was sent an eight digit number to unlock the phone. This was not accepted and I am now getting the message Invalid Simcard Network Locked. Simcard inserted and it asked for my PUK code.

I then contacted O2 and have been given an 8 digit PUK code. This is also not being accepted. My sim card is working perfectly on my old phone. Can anyone tell me if the problem is with my new phone being faulty or if it is the Sim card, how can I unlock it if the PUK is not being accepted?

Hope someone can work out what is going wrong here.  Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SHANNA15 

Your phone is hardlocked and needs a MCK code to inlock it now.

@Martin-O2 @LukasB or @TheresaV can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

SHANNA15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Thanks so much. I have messaged Martin and Theresa, so hopefully one of them can help me. Appreciate you replying so quickly.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome.
Good luck 🤞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 smiling

I have replied to your message @SHANNA15 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5