cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with photo album with new sony xperia 5 after the 'set up my device' process.

Jammer2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello 

I received my new sony xperia 5 yesterday and did the google 'set up my device option from settings. 

The phones started to sync all of the apps.

After this completed I noticed that in the photo album alot of my pictures were missing. So I did some digging. 

I saw that on my old phone there is an android 100 folder which was from my camera pictures and this had previously mixed with all of my whatsapp images. 

Now the photo album appears to only show my whatsapp pictures. The date of the images all say July 2020 rather than in the order date of when they were received / taken. 

I took a photo on the phone and the image went straight into the photo album. 

I would like my images to go back in the normal order and for all of my adroid camera images to appear in my album but do not see how to do this.

Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Try creating a folder on as card called DCIM then inside that make a folder called 100ANDRO and manually move the mixed up images to that folder.
It may also be the fact that the old camera images did not copy over, so again if you put them into an SD they will show correctly

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jammer2020 

I'll tag @viridis to the thread. He is our Sony expert and may be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Try creating a folder on as card called DCIM then inside that make a folder called 100ANDRO and manually move the mixed up images to that folder.
It may also be the fact that the old camera images did not copy over, so again if you put them into an SD they will show correctly
Message 3 of 7

Jammer2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your response. Assuming there is no other way that with an SD card? I havent purchased one yet as the internal storage is large enough for me
Message 4 of 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well, you can try putting the same folders on internal storage but I believe they already exist.
Imo the best way is to manually move the photos off your old phone onto a pc, then put them in the DCIM/100ANDRO folder in the storage of your choice
Message 5 of 7

Jammer2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ill give this a go. Should the photo album pick up this new folder. Will i need to bin all of the photo album items at first for this to work?
Message 6 of 7

Jammer2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I added the images to an sd on my old Sony X10 transferred the sd card to my new Sony X5 and then it started syncing into the photo album. The issue is that all the dates are still all over the place. Some have todays date. Some have dates which do not make sense based on when I took the photo. There must be a bug in the system somewhere but ive give up trying now to have them appear in the right order.
Message 7 of 7