Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal and Battery Draining Quickly

Adam95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
First off my signal has been repeatedly poor for a long time now in Exeter, Devon. I have had problems with this in the past and it still hasnt been rectified. I have done all the previous steps of resetting my phone, sim swap etc.

Secondly, I have been finding that my battery is draining quickly even when my phone is locked and not in use. Ive closed all the background apps and reset the phone too. The battery can go from 100% to 60% within an hour of it just being left alone.

I deeply rely on my phone as I help run a business and need my phone. Ive been wanting to upgrade and stay with O2, very interested in the new iPhone 12 Pro Max. But if I cant get these issues sorted then it makes me not want to stay with O2.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Adam95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB on Android Pie
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Adam95 

A poor signal will always drain the battery quicker as the phone is constantly trying to find a signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Adam95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Which I understand, hence why Ive been trying to solve my signal issue.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 signal has never been very good in that area. The only thing you can do is choose another network if their signal is better.
Try different payg sims until you find a good one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Adam95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im on contract, so im stuck with O2 and this poor signal. Paying every month for unstable connection, poor phone quality and slow loading times.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No point upgrading with O2 then either as you'll just be stuck with them even longer.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7