cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastic SIM to eSIM conversion....how to do it?

1Baloo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a standard sim card number with GIFF-GAFF; but wish to use this actual number as an eSim number on my iphone 11 (eSim compatiable).

This number is for business use so I need it to be converted into an eSim, so I only need to carry one 'mobile rather than go back to the old days and carry two mobiles around with me!!!

Thanks In Advance, 

1Baloo

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@1Baloo 

Get your giffgaff pac code Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Then call O2 to order an eSim pack and give them your PAC at the same time Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@1Baloo 

Get your giffgaff pac code Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Then call O2 to order an eSim pack and give them your PAC at the same time Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@1Baloo Your post is a little confusing. Do you want to use your Giff-Gaff number on an O2 account using an esim? If so, you would have to port your number to O2 and take an O2 business contract. Giff-Gaff uses the O2 network, but they are still a different provider.

Or do you want to keep your Giff-Gaff account and just change your current sim to an esim? If that's the case, Giff-Gaff don't do esims, so that's not possible.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

1Baloo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank You MI5....why did I think it was more complicated than just that. DONE.
Message 4 of 6

1Baloo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry Bambino......MI5 has sorted it for me. I just told myself it cannot be as easy to change a physical SIM mobile number into an eSIM number.....but it is!
THANKS AGAIN BOTH OF YOU.
B SAFE.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6