cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones we cancelled are out for delivery anyway - what to do?!

clare13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband and I ordered iPhone 13s on 17 September but changed our minds the next day and called through to o2 who said our orders were logged for delivery but put me through to Returns and said everything was fine with cancelling them. I've now switched to giffgaff. I ported number yesterday and have a new phone through them sorted, and now my o2 shows nothing (i.e. the system knows I've left) and my husband has just got a new SIM for old phone) and all was well, til we received delivery notification that phones are arriving today. What can we do? We need to return these phones and make sure we're not liable for anything as we were both told (in separate conversations) that everything was fine.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@clare13 

If they do arrive, just return them https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@clare13 

If they do arrive, just return them https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

clare13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sounds simple! thank you. i guess we all worry about these things going wrong!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Understandable @clare13 

Hope all goes well for you.

They may not even turn up yet.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

clare13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks! So I actually spoke to someone at O2 and they have hopefully stopped the delivery but just told me to refuse it if it does arrive. I guess it was good to talk to them as it confirmed my contract isn't active too. Phew. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good news

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6