Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Edge instead of 3G.....

Staggsie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please make sense of this to me.....

I only seem to get an Edge network for data except in areas that the coverage checker says "3G Good Outdoors". Why am I not getting any 3G connection despite being in an area where the checker says "3G Good Indoors and Outdoors"....??

Do the areas use different frequencies or something? Shouldn't I also be getting a 3G data connection rather than just Edge when there is good 3G coverage Indoors and Outdoors in my area?

I live in Torquay

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Have you checked the service status page to see if any maintenance is being done on a mast nearby which could be effecting your coverage?

Others there are differences in the frequencies used for 2G / EDGE when compared with 3G.

The coverage checker is only a guide and they can't guarantee coverage at all points on it
Message 2 of 3

Staggsie
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've checked the service status. All is fine, that is how I came to realise I only seem to get 3G in the areas marked only Outdoors. I get no 3G, only Edge, in the areas which say Indoors and Outdoors, depite an equally good network status on the status checker. There is no maintenance being done.

Message 3 of 3