Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Number

MrsSmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have already spoken to someone at O2 and they have taken my details again and said that the number would be transferred by 6pm yesterday and still nothing. I have filled out the form online with the pac number and also spoke to someone over the phone.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MrsSmith 

Number porting doesn't happen over the weekend so if requested yesterday, the earlies will be Tuesday and that's assuming the team are working over the bank holiday, which they may not be.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MrsSmith 

Number porting doesn't happen over the weekend so if requested yesterday, the earlies will be Tuesday and that's assuming the team are working over the bank holiday, which they may not be.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MrsSmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The request was made on Thursday over the phone. However the online form was completed 24/12

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MrsSmith 

Number porting is not handled by the networks. It's done through a third party who I assume, by the sounds of it, that they aren't working over Christmas and the new year.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4