O2 Recycle in store

AdamGT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

1st post on here.

The Livingston O2 shop opened back up again on Monday 13/7/20. I went in with my IPhone 11 Pro Max 64gb to use the recycle.

I sat with an advisor and went through the usual process I gave my bank details and she confirmed the phone was ok but got a 2nd opinion as I think she might have been new or just rusty due to the 1st day back but I was under the impression that because I done it instore and not through the postal service it would be a lot faster.

I checked my bank when I got home expecting the money to be in, as there was no indication from either advisor in store that it would need to be sent away, to find no money.

I have an email stating my tracker number and that i would receive a confirmation email once the device was received but surely that’s the e point of going in store they already have the device.

Anyway feel like I’m going on and on can someone please explain the timeframe for this process ? And what actually happens once I left my phone in the shop ?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions

@AdamGT 

It gets sent off and rechecked befor the money is sent to you.

Probably 3 to 5 working days.

You will be emailed the evaluation from O2 recycle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@AdamGT You should have looked here before sending it to O2 Recycle. They have a pretty poor reputation. You probably would have gotten a better deal with CEX. I hope you have photos of the condition the phone was in before it was sent off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @AdamGT 

It can take up to 14 working days for the payment to clear that is the guideline, but you will highly likely get the payment before the 14 days.

Once you book it in to store, it is usually sent off that day, or if late in the day, it will be sent off the next morning, it's then sent off for review and authorisation of payment from O2 Recycle.

You should be kept updated step by step by text message if you opted in for this.

Hopefully, it will not take to long.

signature
Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
Just so you know @Bambino

o2recycle is no longer run by Redeem UK, as o2 got out before the UK Business (envirofone etc) went into Administration.

It is now run by Ingram Micro now run o2 Recycle and they do actually have a good reputation in the mobile industry 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Okay @madasaf1sh. I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for letting me know. Still no harm in people looking for quotes from other companies, and definitely no harm in advising them to have photos of the condition of their phone before they send it off to anyone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
@Bambino

totally agree 🙂

I got £175 more from one recycler compared to o2 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

AdamGT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update for this. I got the email this morning 15/7/20 so it took 2 days I am being offered the full price no hassles.

10/10 for this service very happy!

Was worried reading the reviews on here but it’s all worked out nicely in the end. 5 days start to finish it will take
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 9 of 9