Did you mean: 

Number spoofing

Trisha3611
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. 

I think my mobile number has been spoofed. In the last few days I have received calls from 3 different people who have asked why I had called their numbers. When I said I hadn't called anyone they were adamant that they had missed calls from my number. I definitely hadn't called anyone as I mostly talk to people on messenger and didn't know any of these people.

Is there any way I can stop this happening as it is really annoying and worrying.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Trisha3611 

I'd report it to O2 directly.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Choose fraud as the reason for calling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Trisha3611
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I just reported it and they were able to confirm that no calls had been made from my sim, which I already knew. Other than that they offered to change my number which I don't really want to do.

Looks like I will just have to block for now and hope that my number is quickly dropped by whoever is using it as a cover for their real one.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It could just be a glitch @Trisha3611 

It has been reported before on here.

Hopefully nothing too sinister.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4